Public transport is the backbone of an efficient and environmentally sustainable traffic system. Due to their overall importance and the required investment volumes, decisions on transport measures and investments require a sound basis.
We produce in public transport planning in urban and rural areas. This includes metro, streetcar and bus services, as well as regional or long-distance rail services. For our clients, we advise in matters of strategic development of infrastructure expansion. We also consult in matters of system dimensioning and the effects of network development. For this purpose, we mostly use our multimodal transport models. The models are continuously applied and updated for Austria as well as for Europe.
- Accessibility analyses
- Population and workplace forecasts
- Multimodal traffic forecasts and modal split calculations
- Impacts of transport infrastructure projects
- Cost-benefit and cost-effectiveness analyses
- Passenger flow calculations
- Impacts on the environment and urban structure
© ÖIR GmbH
Potential analysis of the southern railway extension
Part of the project “Southern railway extension: Potential and impact analysis” [in German]